I’m moving into a new office tomorrow and I’m interested in making it all feng shui-like.
Here are some things that I’ll need to remember:
- Place my desk in ‘command’ position facing the doorway, with a wall behind for support. Centre myself by placing an earth element (like a nature poster) behind me. I’m thinking maybe a nature painting.
- Position my computer on the west side of the desk to enhance creativity or on the southeast to generate income. I’ll place it on the west side.
- Place a plant in a red pot on the east side of my desk to encourage good health and energise my workspace, or in the southeast for wealth. Bamboo and money trees are top picks. I’ll place it on the east side, maybe something that flowers too – but definitely not a catcus or sharp plant as they attract fierce ch’i!
- Strategically place symbols of good fortune — the dragon, phoenix, unicorn and turtle — in my workspace.
- Place an aquarium in the north to activate business success. Hint: black and blue fish absorb negative energy. Water also promotes good health. I really would like a siamese fighting fish.
- Don’t sit with my back to the door, because, symbolically, business enters through it. If I can’t move my desk, attach a mirror on my monitor so I can see people approaching (thus limiting my vulnerability).
- Place red objects (such as candles) on the south corner of my desk to attract recognition for my efforts. Crystals have the same effect if placed in the south or on window sills.
- Maintain a clutter free environment.
- Don’t be careless with files. They represent my past, present, and future business so they should be stored efficiently to encourage future success. I had better get on to this one then…